The Mailbox Post & Books Bought


Its hard to believe that is already that time for another In My Mailbox. Where does the week go?

The picture today represents whats happening outside right now (Sunday) as I am doing my In My Mailbox post. Montreal is getting hit with the lovely tail end of hurricane Irene. We are having high winds and heavy rain. Thankfully we have power but there are several areas in Montreal that are experiencing power outages.

As you know In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren and Staci from Life in the Thumb. Staci is the August host of Mailbox Monday.

As you know In My Mailbox and Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and it also gives you the chance to discover some new blogs and bloggers.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This week I decided to do another vlog but I have to admit in the end I almost didn't do one because I was having technically difficulties with my camera either it would shut off within a few seconds or minutes but thankfully in the end it worked out.

I apologize for zipping through it and for any names I mispronounced.




For Review:

Thanks Andrews McMeel
-Cucina Povera: Tuscan Peasant Cooking by Pamela Sheldon Johns (pub date Sept 13/11)

Thanks St Martin's Griffin
-Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan (pub date Sept 13/11)

Thanks Atria
-Upper Cut by Carrie White (pub date Sept 20/11)

Thanks Sourcebooks landmark
-Plain Fear Forsaken by Leanna Ellis (pub date Aug 2011)

Thanks Simon & Schuster Canada
-The Joy of Spooking Fiendish Deeds by P.J. Bracegirdle (book 1)

P.J Bracegirdle is a Montreal author who will be doing a book signing here in Montreal on Sept 17th and I got the invite from Simon and Schuster Canada so I will be going (along with several other local Montreal bookbloggers). Plus I will be doing a review for the book.

P.J will be promoting his latest and final book in The Joy of Spooking series, Sinister Scenes.

So in honor of going to the signing I went out and bought:

-The Joy of Spooking: Unearthly Asylum (book 2)
-The Joy of Spooking: Sinister Scenes (book 3)

Michael also picked up another Phineas and Ferb book called Big Top Bonanza and a matching Phineas and Ferb bookmark.

This is what came to my house last week, what about you?