A month of Letters


One of my favorite bloggers, Heidi from YA Bibliophile mentioned this in her blog post today and it sounds like this could be alot of fun.

Can you remember the last time that you actually got a letter in the mail? In the actual mailbox and not an email? I think for me the last time would have been Christmas time. I love getting mail, don't you? I love seeing something addressed to me that isn't a bill.

The person behind this is author Mary Robinette Kowal.

Here is her challenge to us: (She even has a seperate blog up for this http://lettermo.com/ that you can click on to find out more about it.)

I have a simple challenge for you.

  1. In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
  2. Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.

All you are committing to is to mail 24 items. Why 24? There are four Sundays and one US holiday. In fact, you might send more than 24 items. You might develop a correspondence that extends beyond the month. You might enjoy going to the mail box again.