Roseanne Barr for President? Sure, why not?

Comedian, Roseanne Barr, who had a successful, long running show on corporate media, portraying a working-class mother, wife, and small business owner, has made known her desire to attain the presidential nomination for the Green Party, USA.


In the last election, I supported the Green Party candidate, Cynthia McKinney and her running mate, Rosa Clemente. Unfortunately, the Party is not entirely functional (which party is?), even if many of us do support its 10 Key Principles.


I have also been impressed by the other woman seeking the nomination, Jill Stein--she is bright, articulate, well-informed, truly progressive and dedicated to public service--but if push came to shove, I would support Roseanne. 


Many people have a misperception about Roseanne, but she came to San Francisco to support my campaign when I ran against Nancy Pelosi in 2008 and I have had a chance to meet with her, hang out with her and interview her a couple of times on my radio show. She is also bright, articulate, well-informed, even more progressive, and even though she is not a member of the 99%, she knows our tune and can sing our hearts.


I have heard rumors from GP insiders that Barr is not a "serious candidate," but I can also attest to the fact that she is a very introspective and thoughtful person that would not be doing this if she were not, "in it to win it."


To really change things for the better for the 99%, I am convinced that we need a united leftwing worker's party instead of so many different factions of basically the same program and that will take working our fingers to the bone between elections--not just every four years presenting a few different candidates. Personally, I have not decided whom to support (if anyone) in this rigged Federal Electoral Industrial Complex sham of "free elections," (I am slightly more interested in Venezuela's elections in October), but I can tell you one thing for sure: this One Party politburo that infests and infects the halls of power needs to be stood on its head and kicked in the ass and Rosie is the person to do it, if ever there was one. 


If I do cast a meaningless vote in the sham elections, it will be for a 3rd party or independent candidate--however, I would be pleased to cast my meaningless vote for Roseanne Barr. At least I will be voting for someone I like whose values conform perfectly with mine and I will be able to come home from the polls and look at myself in the mirror. Voting against the cystem may not present us with viable change right now, but it does send a message to said cystem. 


Vote for Roseanne, then spend the next four years building on the momentum of the Occupy movement to organize a viable First Party to challenge capitalism at its core. 


Please listen to the Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox 100th anniversary show that we presented with Roseanne Barr.


Click the pic to listen
Cindy and Roseanne in San Francisco in 2008