Bloggiesta Starting Post

Today is the day that bloggiesta 2012 happens. Be sure to check out http://sueysbooks.blogspot.ca/ for all the updates and challenges.

Also I just wanted to send out a huge congrats to Natasha and her family, they welcomed a brand new baby girl into the family.

So onto Bloggiesta. It starts today (Friday) and runs until Sunday. You can do as much or as little as you want.

While you are doing all that much needed work on your blog just remember to take some time to complete the many mini challenges (updated list here) (flashback on past challenges)  that are being offered and to take part in the twitter parties. The twitter parties are new this year and you can take part in one, two or even all three if you want. Here is the schedule:

Friday night at 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)

Saturday afternoon at 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)

Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)

The first part of Bloggiesta is to share with everyone what you have planned and hope to accomplish over Bloggiesta. I have been pretty good with devoting time to my blog over the Bloggiesta weekends in the past and I am hoping to do the same this weekend.

Here is my list:
  • Clean up email accounts and organize emails into folders
  • Update my agenda with commitments
  • Write up over due reviews
  • Prepare guest posts and Q&As
  • Write up posts and schedule them for the week I will be in NYC for BEA
  • Clean up labels on my blog
  • Edit my about me page and my review policy page
  • Comment on other peoples blogs that have commented on mine
  • Clean up my side bars
  • Reply to emails
  • Organize books that I need to read in April (tours and promised reviews)
  • Start transeferring reviews I have posted her over to good reads
  • Learn some new things (SEO, ranking etc) that I might not know
This is what I have planned this weekend. Not sure how much I will actually get done but since we don't have hockey this weekend I am hoping to tackle some of this list and the challenges.

Happy Bloggiesta everyone.