(Meme) It's Monday! What are you reading? #14


One of my favorite bloggers Sheila from Book Journey is the host of this weekly meme. If you haven't checked out Sheila's blog yet then what are you waiting for. I love reading Sheila's blog because she covers it all and I always end up walking away like I get to know Sheila a little more from her post.

I also just discovered recently that Sheila has partnered with Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and they come up with  a fun meme with a kidlit focus - anyone reading and reviewing books in children's literature - it can be picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, you name it in the world of kidlit and it's in!
So in case you are wondering what It's Monday! What are you reading? is about well its a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…who knows, you might discover that next “must read” book!

Is it really that time of the week again for another It's Monday! What are you reading? post? I feel as though I just wrote one. Thankfully its a quiet weekend here. Hockey is almost finished we just have a local tournament to take part in and then its done and that is happening next weekend.

I have to say it was really nice to sit back and relax and not rush around from one end of the city to the other. Sadly though Michael had to be up early yesterday (6am) because he had a practice at 7am and then in the afternoon he was gone to a neighbors to play street hockey so I didn't get to see him most of the day which was okay because I was planning his 9th birthday. Yes, he will be 9 years old. Where does the time go?

This year things are different since my in laws have left for Hungary we decided that we would do an Easter/Birthday party for Michael this upcoming weekend with my family. Then the following weekend Michael will have a party with his hockey friends at a local mini golf place. Which will be alot of fun. I will be sure to include some pics in next weeks Its Monday! What are you reading? post.

A quick hockey update sadly Michael's team lost the play offs. They did amazingly well and got all the way to the playoffs. They lost their first game 1-0 (over time) and then the second game 3-2. They were tight games and the kids played so well.

Anyways enough ramblings.

This past week I read:

On Monday, April 2nd I will have my review posted along with a Q&A with Lisa Mondello.

I have my review for West of Wawa scheduled for April 4th along with a Q&A with Lisa de Nikolits.

What I am planning on reading this week:

I am on a book tour for this on Thursday April 5th.


I am on a book tour for this on Saturday April 7th.

What I am hoping to get to this week:


This is what I have planned, what about you?