Glossybox June Edition

I think this has been the first time since subscribing to Glossybox that my box has been late. I usually get it before the end of the month.

When my Glossybox for June arrived today I was apprehensive about the box because I peeked at some spoilers from other bloggers and I was kind of worried and I will explain why later in this post.

Thankfully when I  got the box I noticed right away that it was a heavy box like it usually is. I have noticed that Glossybox is one of the few Canadian Beauty box subscription services that actually has been very consistent with their boxes. They boxes are  jammed pack and you are almost guaranteed to have a full size product or two.

Another thing, Glossybox is still using their standard box which is sort of like a pale pink with a simple stamp on the box. Making the box practical and reusable. Underneath the wrapped tissue paper (being held closed with a hand tied box in a dusty rose ribbon.) is the black envelope (which can be reused again since they aren't marked on or sealed). Inside the envelope was the cards and since I live in Quebec they are required to mail them out in both English and French (which I think is a waste of paper and I think it should be specified in our profile and they could just send out what language we specify, just a thought). The cards were advertising for Neutrogena sunscreen and for Wella plus the product list for what is in your box.

The first item I noticed right away is the Gillette Venus Embrace Razor. As you can see this is a full size product and a kit cost $13.43. (The kit includes the razor, 2 cartridges and a shower pod)

I actually like this and I have gotten alot of razors lately in the mail. Which always come in handy. Plus at the price point that these razors are in its always great to get a free one and if you like it you can buy the refills for it.





The next item I spotted was the Biore Combination skin balancing cleanser. This is a full size product $9.99 for 200ml.

I recently got this when I attended the Glossybox event here in Montreal and I have been using that so having another bottle is really nice. I am liking this on my face and I have noticed that it really does clean my face.

When I started to look for new cleansers I was eyeing this one but then I was told another brand was just as good for a little cheaper so I went with that but since getting this I am liking it alot.



A new to me product is Wella Professionals Ocean Spiritz. The purpose of this is to give your hair that beach look. I have heard and used some of the Wella products I have gotten recently and really like them.

This is another full size product and it sells for $16.99 for 150ml.

I haven't used this yet but I do like the smell of this. I can't wait to try this out very soon.

When I heard we were getting the Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex I have to say that I kind of rolled my eyes because if you only knew how many little tubes I have gotten in the last few months you would understand.  50ml sells for $30.99 and I got a sample of 7ml for $4.34

Another small sample I got was the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 55. I recently got this sample from Neutrogena and I really like it. Its small enough to put in your purse and not worry about lugging a bigger bottle around for  those quick little emergencies when you are out and forget sunscreen. The full size is 88ml for $15.99 and I got a sample of 14ml for $2.54

This Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strip was the bonus item this month. I have used this item in the past and noticed a difference after using ths strips. The full size is a box of 8 strips for $9.99 and I got one strip for $1.25.
This was the item that I was worried about. Its Cover Girl's Flipstick-Blendable lip dou. This is brand new to the Cover Girl line and as you can see its double ended. One side is a shimmer and the other is a lipstick. So you can wear them on its own or blend them. This is a great product to throw in your make up bag. I have seen in sneak peeks that some bloggers got a shade called Minx and it was a dark brown with a gold shimmer. I was honestly worried that I would get that same shade but thankfully it appears as though someone was reading my profile because I got Whisper/murmure (800) which is more my color. This is a full size product and it retails for $12.50 for 3.8g
So the total value of the box is $61.04 which I think is a pretty good deal considering I paid $15 for the box.

About the box:
Try new, niche beauty brands as well as timeless classics.
  • Receive a GLOSSYBOX every month filled with 5 high-end beauty samples (and a surprise 6th item could show up in your box at any time!).

  • $15 per month (taxes and shipping included, of course!).

    Glossybox is currently in 15 countries right now. Wow that is hard to believe but good for them. So if you are interested in Glossybox be sure to check them out.