(Q & A) With Author Kristine Grayson

Two of my favorite things about book blogging is:
  1. Discovering new books
  2. Discovering new authors and being able to interview them (well I guess that wold count as three right?)
When I first heard about Kristine Grayson's book Wickedly Charming, I knew I wanted to read it:
He’s given up on happily-ever-after…

Cinderella’s Prince Charming is divorced and at a dead end. The new owner of a bookstore, Charming has given up on women, royalty, and anything that smacks of a future.

That is, until he meets up with Mellie…

But she may be the key to happily-right-now…

Mellie is sick and tired of stepmothers being misunderstood. Vampires have redeemed their reputation, why shouldn’t stepmothers do the same? Then she runs into the handsomest, most charming man she’s ever met and discovers she’s going about her mission all wrong…

It’s only natural that sparks fly and magic ensues when these two fairy tale refugees put their heads-and vulnerable hearts-together…

I read it and loved it and was so happy because I found more books to love. Since then I have been quick to jump at requests when I see Kristine's books on the list and as of today I have read: Wickedly Charming, Utterly Charming, Throughly Kissed and Charming Blue (watch for my review this week).

If you enjoy a modern spin on fairy tales I highly recommend these books. You won't be disappointed.
When I found out from Sourcebooks that Kristine was going on a virtual book tour I had to have her on my blog again. I loved interviewing her the first time and this time around  had a whole bunch of other questions to ask Kristine. I hope you enjoy it and please help me welcome Kristine to Cindy's Love of Books once again.


Cindy: Hi Kristine,
I am such a huge fan of your books and so happy that Sourcebooks introduced me to them.
Thanks for taking the time out to answer some of my questions. I look forward to having you on the blog again.

Kristine: Thanks for asking me again!


Cindy:Having written a few fairy tale stories is there one you dying to write about?

Kristine: I can't wait to tell Cinderella's story. What went wrong? Why is she so mean? But I don't think she'll be the heroine. I suspect that will be Gussie, one of the stepsisters. That book is bubbling, so I'll probably write it in the next year or two.



Cindy: Who is your favorite author? What is one book they wrote that you would recommend?

Kristine: I have so many favorites. In mystery, I like Michael Connelly and Ian Rankin. With Rankin, start with The Complaints. Any of Connelly's will do. As for romance, I buy everything Mary Balogh writes. Love her work. I'm reading Julia Quinn right now. Her Smythe-Smith series is wonderful and funny! I'm also reading a lot of P.N. Elrod. I know that she's urban fantasy, but I think of her work as closer to mystery. And in sf, I can't get enough of Jack McDevitt. Wide open vistas, lots of space stories.Seeker is a good place to start.  I suspect, though, if you ask me tomorrow, I'll give you a different list.





Cindy: If we were too look at your desk what would we be surprised to find or discover?

Kristine: Besides how messy it is? You'd probably be surprised to discover just how much really technical/text-booky nonfiction I have there. And the little stuffed alien in the corner that my cat keeps finding and knocking down.


Cindy:  What are you currently reading? (If you are) What are you currently listening to?

Kristine: This is a tougher question than it should be! I'm currently reading a biography of James Tiptree Jr. (the female sf writer), another nonfictionToo Big To Fail by Andrew Ross Sorkin, Mystery Writers of America Presents Vengeance edited by Lee Child, andGeneration Loss  by the marvelous Elizabeth Hand. Next up is Mary Balogh's newest, but I'm saving it until I'm done writing the current book.

Cindy: Are you working on anything new? If so anything you can share?

Kristine: I'm finishing my next Kris DeLake novel for Sourcebooks. Then I focus on a series featuring the Interim Fates. If you've read the other Grayson series,Simply Irresistible, Absolutely Captivated, and Totally Spellbound, you'll discover the inept Interim Fates whose father, Zeus, installed to keep an eye on true love. They end up in a difficult place at the end of that series, so they need their own stories. The first,Tiffany Tumbles, will be out from WMG Publishing next spring. If you want to see the series, it's out in trade and ebook from WMG. There's also an ebook edition calledThe Fates Trilogy that has all three books in it. You can always find out more about my work on my overall website kristinekathrynrusch.com or on the Kristine Grayson website, kristinegrayson.com.

Thanks so much for inviting me back to the blog!!!

Best,
Kris

Kristine I want to thank you once again for stopping by and taking the time out of your busy schedule to sit down and do this with me. I love forward to reading your other books. No matter what they are.

Thanks to Beth at Sourcebooks for arranging this interview for me.

If your looking for something fun and exciting to read then I highly recommend this author and her books.