Emergence by C. Michelle Jefferies

Buy Me here

What's the book about?

Hit man Antony Danic has never killed an innocent man. At least, the corporation he works for has never given him a reason to think otherwise—until now. Reeling from a series of demanding assignments, the assassin is desperate for some downtime. As he sits on a beach in Tahiti watching his wife play in the ocean, a messenger from his employer delivers a death threat. In a matter of seconds, the hunter has become the hunted. While Antony scrambles to find a way out of his “till death do us part” contract, he’s faced with the decision of a lifetime: kill another innocent man, or do what’s right—even if it puts his family in jeopardy.

Now to sit down with Michelle and get our burning questions answered- I think you'll end up loving Michelle just as much as I do.

What is your favorite movie right now?
 My favorite movie is Master and Commander. I like guys with long hair. :) I also love the whole feel of the movie. My second favorite is How To Train Your Dragon. (Although I really liked watching "The Avengers" this fall.)

 Do you wear socks to bed?
No, I really dislike socks at any time. Even in shoes.Especially if they are colorful or toe socks. I hate having things in between my toes. My feet are my temperature control in bed. if I'm cold they are under the blankets, if I'm hot they are out of the bed.

 What do you do to warm up in the winter?
I sit on heater vents with blankets. I also wear fuzzy slippers and sweaters. I'm usually not that cold, but this year I've been loosing weight and I am freezing all the time. Brrrrrrr!

 What is your favorite activity to do in the summer?
I love taking my kids to the park or pool in the mornings before it gets too hot. In the dead heat of the summer I prefer dark and cool basements and watching a movie with my kids. I do love a good baseball game though.

 Have you ever skinny dipped?
No I haven't. Should I have? LOL    Cindy's answer: Why yes, it's the best thing ever...

 What scares you the most?
Losing my family is my worst fear. Rolling a car in a snow storm (again) is the second worst fear.

 What are the top 3 tips you'd give a new author about creating interesting and believable characters?
1, We don't need the little details as much as we need their motivations. Why they do things. Why they react that way. 
2, Make them flawed, they need to have quirks and fears and other things that make them imperfect. 
3, Know your character like you know your kids or spouse just don't tell us all of that info. Let us pain the story ourselves.

Do you outline or are you a seat-of-your pants writer? 
I am a structure gal. I have my basic story structure planned out as well as my character arc and my basic chapter idea. Kinda of like a Skeleton.  Then I pants the rest. Fleshing it out into a full story.  (See Larry Brooks Storyfix.com)

I can't wait to read this book. 
Do you like the cover? How does it make you feel?

Go buy her book here 

Go to her website here