(Meme) The Mailbox Post (June 18th - 23rd)

 
Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Mailbox Monday is originally hosted by Marcia from A girl and her books and The Printed Page. In the summer of 2010 Marcia decided she needed a change in hosting and didn't want to rely on one blogger alone to do it because its a lot of work so she decided to put Mailbox Monday on tour and so far with great success it has made monthly stops at more then a dozen blogs and this year is booked until the end.

The host for June is Marie from Burton Book Review's .


Tynga's Reviews is hosting this meme and you can check out this link to find out more about it .

As I was beginnning to write this I quickly noticed the date and wow June is almost over. Where did the time go?

I am slowly starting to get back to normal although I am still feeling tired. I could honestly nap during the day but sadly I don't because it just messes up my sleep at night.

This week begun fairly quiet and not much came in during the week until Friday, when my lovely UPS friend came to the door early and handed me a package.

The package was from the lovely reps from  Free Press which is a division of Simon & Schuster USA. In the months leading up to BEA I was invited the Free Press BEA Blogger party and I was so excited to go since I think this was one of the first invites I got this year. Then shortly before BEA they had to cancel the party but they didn't want us to feel like we missed out so they sent out little goodies bags.


The package included:
-Some Kind of Peace by Camilla Grebe & Asa Traff  (This is coming out July 24/12) It sounds really good and I am excited to read it.
-Y by Marhorie Celona (This is only coming out in January 2013) another one that sounds really good
-The Book of Mormon Girl :A memoir of an american faith by Joanna Brooks (this is coming out August 2012)
-Shelter by Frances Greenslade
-The Longest Way HOme: One Man's quest for the courage to settle down by Andrew McCarthy (this is coming out September 2012) I am so excited to read this one and I will be on a book tour for this in September. I am a huge Andrew McCarthy fan.

Some books were bought this week as you can see.

-The Adventures of Ook and Gluk kung-fu cavemen from the future the second epic novel
-Captain Underpants and the big bad battle of the bionic booger boy Part 1 the of the nasty nostril nuggets (this is the 6th book in the series and the collection is now complete so Michael is happy)
-Rebel Angels by Libba Bray (bought this from Donna's bookstore on Friday)
-Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
-Canadian wood frame house constuction (this isn't for me it was a gift)

While I was shopping I ended up seeing this super cute owl note pad and had to buy it.

So this is all I got this week in my mailbox, how did you do?

I just wanted to share this picture of Michael taken on the last day of school on Friday. Its hard to believe that he is going into grade 4 in the fall and next spring he will be in the double digits. Where did the time go.


Happy Summer vacation to all the kiddies out there.